Kapoose Creek is harnessing the potential of nature’s uncharted chemistry and AI’s untapped power to reinvent modern drug discovery and address the greatest medical challenges of our time.
Opportunity laying in wait
Exploring even a fraction of nature’s uncharted chemistry has the potential to reshape medicine.
of therapies developed in the last 30 years are derived from nature.
It is estimated that less than
of the natural world’s chemistry has been characterized to date.
An ecosystem ripe for therapeutic discovery
Our chemical library is rooted in a land of uninterrupted evolution
We are exploring untapped natural ecosystems to find the next generation of world-changing medicines hidden in wild fungi. Our first research site, Kapoose Creek, located on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island, was part of a rare ice-free corridor during the last ice age. As a result, this land has a rich ecosystem and unique mycological biodiversity.
Our unEarth Rx discovery platform is purpose-built to overcome the historical limitations of natural product drug discovery.
It empowers us to:
- Access never-before-seen natural chemistry
- Screen compounds for diverse therapeutic activities in parallel
- Rapidly identify and characterize bioactive hit compounds
- Create remarkable new chemistry optimized for bioactivity
- Produce rare chemistry at scale for downstream R&D
Our integrated platform dramatically accelerates the timeline to advance from screen to lead
unEarth Rx Technology Stack
We gain access to the inaccessible, clearing a major hurdle in natural product drug discovery
- We are building synthetic biology systems that enable us to circumvent the limitations of nature and efficiently produce lead molecules at scale for development and production.
- We leverage a proprietary expression chassis built on soil bacteria that greatly exceeds the output and efficiency of other synthetic biology approaches.
- Our optimized methods drastically increase scale and reduce the cost of obtaining fungal molecules.
Alliances that deepen our scientific capabilities
Our partnerships with McMaster University amplify our resources with some of the world’s top scientists, state-of-the-art equipment, drug discovery platforms, robotic automation, artificial intelligence, natural product screening, and more.
A seasoned group of entrepreneurs, business leaders and scientists
Dr. Eric Brown
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Dr. Geordie Stewart
Chief Business Development Officer
Dr. Michael Frankel
Chief Medical Advisor
Dr. Tomasz Czarny
VP Research and Development
Janet De Gouw
Research Lead, Biology
Regulatory and Quality Advisor
The Board & Scientific Advisors
Founder and Chairman
Dr. Gerry Wright
General Manager, Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Dr. Leah Cowen
University of Toronto
CEO, Augurex Life Sciences
Dr. Max Cynader
University Of British Columbia
Dr. Armand Balboni
Director, Bloom Burton & Co Investment Bank
Dr. Matthew Miller
Want to get in touch? Reach out to the Kapoose Creek team.
Investor information available upon request.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.